We Have A Vacancy! – Property Manager
We're looking for a brilliant property manager to join our Lettings division and can provide our tenants and Landlords with a moving experience!
If you’re looking to join an ambitious and forward thinking, family run company then we just might have what you’re looking for.
We’re looking for a fantastic property Manager to join our fast-growing lettings business and quickly become a key part of a young, dynamic, enthusiastic and passionate team of property professionals.
Way back in 2003, after being on the receiving end of a poor estate agency service themselves, Michael and Alison Brain launched Hannells from a tiny village office in Hilton.
Since then, Hannells has grown to become Derby’s most exciting and top selling estate agent, winning many accolades and awards along the way for customer service, sales and marketing.
To this day, Michael and Alison are still very active within the business and have worked hard to maintain the values that accelerated them to the cream of the Derby estate agency crop all those years ago. We have an intense focus on “people”, be it our hardworking property professionals in the business, or each of our valued customers – many of which will buy and sell with us numerous times over the years.
Now with six sales branches strategically placed across the Derby suburbs and a Lettings head office on Pride Park, we’re ready to take the business to the next level and we’re looking for ambitious and hard-working people who can help us to achieve our ambitious company goals.
And remember, just because you love property, doesn’t mean estate agency is right for you.
The business that we’re in is a “people” business.
Our purpose is to provide our clients with the complete moving experience and amaze them from start to finish.
If you consider yourself a “people” person – you should read on.
We’re looking for a full-time property manager who has no problem getting stuck in from day one and making a big contribution to the branch and becoming a key part of the team.
It’s an incredibly varied, office-based role where no two days are ever the same and just some of the tasks you’ll be responsible for are:
- Day to day management issues
- Ensuring rents are paid on time
- Delivering fantastic customer service at all times to both tenants and Landlords
- Ensuring that maintenance issues are resolved promptly and all parties are regularly updated
- Reviewing property reports and releasing the deposit
- Ensuring our system is updated
- Ensuring that our properties comply with legislation
- Completing work orders and instructing contractors
- Ensuring properties are ready for occupancy on tenancy start date
- Preparing and dealing with daily correspondence
Morning meetings start at 8.45am sharp to get set up for the day and the doors close at 5.30pm weekdays and 4pm on a Saturday.
It’s a five-day week and you may be required to work alternate Saturdays, where you will be granted a day off in the week. If this would be an issue, please inform us on your application.
On target earnings will see earnings and uncapped commissions will see earnings of between £16,000 – £21,000, and possibly beyond. There are also plenty of opportunities to top this up with individual commissions being rewarded in a number of areas.
Our Lettings operation runs from our modern Pride Park offices on Mallard Way, behind Mercedes.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with experience in property management and lettings – although it is not essential.
If you decide that this is the role for you:
- You’ll learn essential life skills such as selling, negotiating and time management
- You’ll be part of a great team, all working together to achieve a common aim
- You’ll have the opportunity to excel in a number of areas and be recognised
- You’ll have the opportunity to progress through the ranks as you develop
- You’ll make a HUGE difference to the lives of hundreds of Derby families
- You’ll create “moving experiences” helping people to rent their dream home and help Landlords to make the most of their property investments
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you’re excited by what you’ve read do so far and you would like to submit an application, send an email along with a covering letter and a CV to:
Attention to detail is also a prerequisite of being a successful estate agent so please make sure you include the following phrase as the subject line:
” Property Manager Application”
** Any applications that do not include the above subject line, as well as those without an accompanying cover letter/email, will be immediately discarded. **
Remember, estate agency is a sales business so your CV and cover letter/email are a great opportunity to sell yourself.
Tell us why you think you’d be ideal for this particular position and what you can bring to the role.
One we’ve reviewed your application and if you qualify for the next stage, we’ll send you a short questionnaire which you’ll be expected to complete and return so please make sure you include a valid email address that you check on a regular basis.
Lettings Head Office
OTE £16,000 - £21,000 +
Ideally Experience In Property Management & Lettings
Able To Organise And Prioritise Workload
Self Motivated With A "Can Do" Attitude
A Positive "People Person"
Great Customer Service Skills
Thrives In A Team Environment